Monday, July 19, 2010

Nothing at all about kids or music

So in April my husband and I decided to get serious about our health. This is my husband's first diet/exercise plan. My bazillionth. I don't actually remember any season of my life when I wasn't on a diet. It has been great to work out with my husband. I've lost 24 pounds and 5 inches off my waist (Yea me!) but have a long way to go. Tim has lost 30 pounds and has met his goal weight. He's continuing the workout but pretty much done with the diet. Sometimes, okay often, I get tired of making different meals for everyone in the family. The other day I went to a local sandwich shop to grab lunch for the kids and saw a grilled veggie wrap on the menu and decided to get it for me. Grilled veggies=healthy, right? A spinach wrap instead of big roll=healthy, right? I asked them for a nutritional fact sheet (my new best friend) and they were out but said it was online. I checked when I got home and to my horror this healthy choice turned out to be a monstrous mistake! It had more fat and calories than the meatball sub!!! It was my entire day worth of calories and more than my day's worth of fat. I can't even describe how frustrating that was. How many other times have I unknowingly done that??? I'm glad that places are now making their nutritional content available I guess I just need to read it before I go. Have you ever thought you were eating something healthy that turned out to not be?

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time really counting calories instead of doing a fad diet (lost 20lbs so far!), and I have been FLOORED at the number of calories/fat that goes into even making a sandwich! I weighed an ounce of cheddar cheese and got very depressed...I usually eat WAY more than that and count it as a serving! I also notice a direct correlation between my working out habits and my eating habits. The more faithful I am to work out, the less I want to eat junk and sabotage all the work I just put in! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that. I love spinach wraps. And yeah you would think the veggies were the healthier option.

    Thanks for the follow. Doing the same for you!

    ReplyDelete