Monday, May 31, 2010

My baby's all grown up

This is my baby Abigail. She's a sweet, bright, cuddly girly-girl. Oh wait this picture is a bit old. This Thursday my sweet baby turns 12. Next week she graduates from the 6th grade and officially becomes a junior higher. Today we bought her graduation dress - in the junior section! No more little girl. I can hardly believe how time has flown by. She no longer wears pink. She prefers bright yellows and oranges. She no longer cuddles but does tolerate a kiss goodnight. She is definitely still bright. She reads at a very advanced level and has tested into algebra. She has her life planned out. She intends to go to fashion design school in New York and become a famous designer. Abigail is a typical first born independent spirit. She is logical and creative. She is a visual learner. She is a loyal friend. And she never ceases to amaze me. Delivering Abigail was a horrible experience with 24 hour labor, a failed epidural, a nurse I couldn't understand, and an emergency c-section. And every minute was worth it. Abigail is amazing and I am so proud of her. I love her with all my heart. Happy birthday baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment